Please note this is a region 2 DVD and will require a region 2 or region free DVD player in order to play.
On June 6, 1944, the Allied Invasion of France marked the beginning of the end of Nazi domination over Europe. The attack involved 3,000,000 men, 11,000 planes and 4,000 ships, comprising the largest armada the world has ever seen.
Presented in its original black & white version, 'The Longest Day' is a vivid, hour-by-hour re-creation of this historic event. Featuring a stellar international cast, and told from the perspectives of both sides, it is a fascinating look at the massive preparations, mistakes and random events that determined the outcome of one of the biggest battles in history.
Winner of two Oscars (Special Effects and Cinematography), 'The Longest Day' ranks as one of Hollywood's truly great war films.
- Actors Hans Christian Blech, Richard Burton, Red Buttons, Sean Connery, Henry Fonda, Gert Frobe, Curt Jurgens, Peter Lawford, Sal Mineo, Roddy McDowall, Robert Mitchum, Kenneth More, Leslie Phillips, Wolfgang Preiss, Robert Wagner & John Wayne
- Director Ken Annakin & Andrew Marton
- Certificate PG
- Year 1962
- Screen Widescreen 2.35:1 Anamorphic
- Languages English - Dolby Digital (5.0)
- Duration 2 hours and 50 minutes (approx)