Step onto the pitch and play professional football your way in FIFA 09. Experience the most authentic football simulation EA Sports has delivered as you live the fantasy of playing as a professional player and customise the game to suit your style and ability.
Powered by the third generation of the EA Sports football engine, FIFA 09 features more than 250 core gameplay additions and enhancements that deliver the most responsive, intelligent and realistic action ever for the series. Enjoy turning defenders with more controlled dribbling and ball control, snapping off precision shots with improved first-time shooting mechanics and firing beautifully timed passes with greater accuracy, placing the ball exactly where you want it.
With new player momentum physics the speed and weight of the player determines everything from the distance of a slide tackle and the power of a header to the severity of player collisions and the height of a player's jump. Plus, players now behave according to their physical attributes with larger, stronger players dominating collisions, battles for control of the ball, and position in challenges for two player headers.
- Unique Wii Experience: Enjoying football action on Wii is now easier with refined gestures, point-and-play controls with on-screen pass indicators and one-button actions that create instant shots on goal and greater success connecting on headers and volleys.
- New 8 vs 8 Footii Match Minigame: Play 8 vs. 8 in a completely unique mode where you can play an arcade version of football with the focus on fun. Populate your team with your Mii characters captained by one of our FIFA 09 All-Play cover athletes created as customised characters.
- Boot It: Play with your Mii, Ronaldinho, Rooney or other stars in a simultaneous shooting frenzy. Play as the goalie or the shooter. All-new Eliminator Mode enables up to four friends to play all at once, blasting away at targets or in rapid fire to eliminate opponents to see who will be the last player standing.
- Table Football: Play Classic Mode using a variety of new rules or with a new twist - multiple balls at the same time, including a power ball that moves like a rocket or a stealth ball that turns invisible at any time.
- EA Sports All-Play: A simplified control system using just the Wii Remote enables novice players to focus on having fun while the console does the rest. Players control key actions like shooting and passing, while the AI controls the rest.
- Advanced Controls: More experienced gamers can still access all the in-depth controls, now using a precision passing system with point-and-play control.
- Online Play: Pick your favourite team and go online to challenge a rival squad one-on-one.
- Manager Mode: Featuring a Wii specific interface, club finances and sponsors, visual sims and dynamic board expectations that change depending on your successes... or failures.
- Complete Authenticity: Featuring over 500 licensed teams all accurately represented with correct kits and crests.