PLEASE NOTE: This game is online only a requires a XBOX Live Subscription to play.
A new generation of gaming is upon us. Activision Publishing, Inc. together with critically-acclaimed developer Bungie, revealed the first sneak peak of their partnership.
The game, called Destiny, is an ambitious evolution of the first-person action genre that brings gamers together in a shared, persistent world. The result of a large-scale collaboration between Activision, the publisher of such mega franchises as Call of Duty and Skylanders and Bungie, the creators of Halo®,Destiny is poised to become the next advancement in interactive entertainment by melding first-person action gaming with a persistent, dynamic online world.
Destiny combines Bungie’s trademark grand scope, sci-fi storytelling and adventures with visceral first-person action gaming that takes place in an unfolding, cinematic, connected online universe. Additionally, Destiny delivers a unique social gaming experience to the consoles by offering players a connected, living world that they can explore, combined with vibrant social spaces where they can congregate and celebrate achievements, and share remarkable adventures grouped with friends or solo.
Set in the distant future, Destiny casts players as Guardians of the last city on Earth, who will traverse the ancient ruins of our solar system from the red dunes of Mars to the lush jungles of Venus. Able to wield incredible power, players battle humanity’s enemies and reclaim all that was lost during the collapse of mankind’s Golden Age. In a story-driven universe, Destiny’s saga unfolds through grand talesand sweeping adventures by immersing gamers in a bold new world filled with cooperative, competitive, public, and social activities, all seamlessly connected. Bungie’s new next-generation game engine will allow Destiny to come to life on both the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, as well as other future console platforms
- The next evolution of entertainment - an incredible story set within a newly-imagined, always-connected universe filled with action and adventure.
- Create your character, forge your legend by defeating powerful foes, and earn unique and customizable weapons, gear, and vehicles.
- Unprecedented variety of FPS gameplay that redefines the genre and breaks traditional conventions of story, cooperative and competitive multiplayer modes, combined with public and social activities.
Limited Edition Contents
- Limited Edition SteelBook™ Case and Game Disc
- Early access to the Vanguard Armory weapons and gear, and an exclusive Vanguard player emblem.
- Guardian Folio, containing:
- “Arms and Armament” Field Guide: Many believe the weapons and armor featured in this record are a myth. You will learn the truth.
- Postcards from the Golden Age: Our worlds have been claimed by our enemies. Now, it’s time to take them back.
- Antique Star Chart: Explore the wild frontiers of our solar system. Discover all that we have lost.
- Collector’s Edition Digital Content: The City has provided you with a cache of items to start you on your journey, including:
- A Unique Ghost Casing
- An Exclusive Player Emblem
- An Exclusive Player Ship Variant
INCLUDES THE DESTINY EXPANSION PASS
Expand your Destiny adventure with brand new story missions, cooperative activities, competitive multiplayer arenas, and a wealth of all new weapons, armor, and gear to earn. The Destiny Expansion Pass includes Destiny Expansion I: The Dark Below and Destiny Expansion II: House of Wolves. In The Dark Below, you'll discover an ancient tomb has been unsealed. Beneath the surface of the Moon, a dark god has answered centuries of prayer, and a dark army has risen. Explore the true depths of the Hellmouth. Stop the dark Hive ritual and survive.