Puzzles and Dragons Z is coming exclusively to the Nintendo 3DS. An extended version of the mobile game including more of the RPG elements, and all content included - no micro-transactions. Released with Puzzle and Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition, another full version of the game which will feature characters and settings from the Super Mario series.
- Puzzles and Dragons is a puzzle video game with RPG and strategy elements . Developed by GungHo Online Entertainment originally in 2012 for the iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire platforms.
- Puzzle and Dragons is a very popular puzzle game for smartphones in Japan (over 40 million fans) and is based on a free-to-play model supported by micro-transactions. It is a “match-three” type puzzle game which requires the player to rearrange coloured tiles (called Orbs) during a limited amount of time in order clear as many Orbs as possible.
What type of game is this?
Puzzle & Dragons is reminiscent of traditional Match-3 games. You can choose and boy or a girl character, defeat Monsters to recruit them, tame them and evolve them to be stronger monsters
- The player needs to re-order different icons , called “Drops” on the touch screen.
- Connect 3 or more of the drops of the same colour/element and they will disappear.
- Falling drops replace the drops disappearing and form even more lines.
- The player leads a team of monsters, and fight the monsters that appear in the top screen.
- Each monster has a element and will only attack when the corresponding element drop.
- Monsters can be collected and evolved in ways similar to RPGs like Pokémon.
- The way drops are re-organized is different and more strategic than similar games.
- The player can move their next drop all around the Touch Screen’s area and must use this freedom to rearrange other drops and form as many chains as possible.
- 200 monsters to collect
- 6 worlds, with 5 dungeons
- Each dungeon has 5 floors
How does Mario fit into this?
Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario Bros. Edition is a brand new variation of the original Puzzle & Dragons games and is exclusive to 3DS.
- The rules are the same as Puzzles & Dragons Z and the players are still required to fight enemies
- However all characters/enemies are replaced with famous Super Mario enemies and characters.
- The levels are also based on familiar worlds of the Super Mario series.
- The player controls Mario trying to save Peach from Bowser
- Maps are similar to New Super Mario Bros.
- 44 playable characters and 87 enemy characters
- Mario can use different Power-Ups that will change his element
- 203 stages in total (100 stages, 100 hidden stages, 3 time attack stages)