Please note: this is the NTSC version of the game which is compatible with PAL systems.
Any future DLC may require a US Nintendo Network account.
Redefining the Pokémon series, Pokémon: Black Version offer fans and newcomers alike a completely new adventure to discover and enjoy. And for the first time ever in the series, the two games feature their own individual areas to explore. Set in the Unova region, which is located far away from the Kanto and Johto regions Pokémon fans will be familiar with, both games also feature all new action-packed locations, such as the bustling urban environment of Castelia City
Pokémon: Black Version also mark the first time in the Pokémon series that the seasons will change in the game world. The result sees specific Pokémon appearing more frequently during particular seasons and also changing in colour or form. Furthermore, players can only access some areas during a specific season.
As if that wasn't enough, players will also encounter more than 150 never-seen-before Pokémon, some of which can only be caught in each version of the game. At the start of the game, players can choose between new, older boy and girl Trainers, as well as from three new starter Pokémon - a Grass-type Pokémon, Snivy, a Fire-type Pokémon, Tepig or, a Water-type Pokémon, Oshawott - before departing on their adventure with two childhood friends.
In Pokémon: Black Version the player is tasked with completing two quests. One is to complete the Unova Pokédex by finding and catching every Pokémon in the region - however, in order to fully complete the Unova Pokédex, players will need to trade Pokémon between both versions. The other is to become the Pokémon League Champion by battling with wild Pokémon and other Trainers in the region. Players will train their Pokémon with the ultimate goal of taking on the Elite Four and the Unova Champion! Thanks to some all new connectivity features you will be able to hone your fighting skills via the Random Matchup mode, using the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.
Pokemon: Black Version gives you the chance to see the Legendary Pokémon Reshiram! Reshiram can engulf its surroundings in flames.
Category - Vast White Pokémon
Type - Dragon-Fire
Ability - Turboblaze
Height - 10' 06" / 319.8 cm
Weight - 727.5 lbs. / 329.99 kg
- Capture and train 156 new 5th Generation Pokémon, with new moves and abilities
- Explore the new region of Alleos, and try to save it from the nefarious plans of Team Plasma. The Alleos region also contains two version-exclusive areas depending on which version of Pokémon the player owns:
- White Forest: A forest containing wild Pokémon and Trainers to battle. The player can find certain Pokémon from previous generations of Pokémon in the grass patches. The player can also take part in a competition in which, once per day, they must capture a specific Pokémon
- Black City: A city full of tall, black buildings, where the player can battle other Pokémon trainers and acquire rare items. The player can challenge the trainers they find here to Pokémon Battles once per day. Their victories are tallied up and the player is rewarded with money that they can spend on rare items that are difficult to find in-game
- Pokemon: Black Version introduces the Seasons mechanic, where the in-game environment changes depending on what month it is in real life. Seasons change monthly, rotating through Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter according to the internal clock / calendar of the DS system
- 3D graphics give the series a fresh new look
- Introduction of triple battle. In a Triple Battle, Trainers send out three Pokémon at once in a 3-vs-3 battle. When taking part in Triple Battles, players must also take into account the positioning of their Pokémon, as this also affects the potential tactics within the battle
- Video chat with friends over Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection using the Nintendo DSi inner camera