Please note this expansion requires Flight Sim X to play
It’s all about aerobatics!
Following on from the hugely successful Airliner, Cargo and Rescue Pilots comes the chance for FSX aviators to make their way in the world of display flying. This unique program brings the airshow to your desktop. Choose events to attend, plan your display, practice your aerobatics and wow the crowds. You can playback and watch your show to gauge your own performance. Win prizes and climb the rankings – against AI or real pilots using the online functions. Simulated flying is about to get a boost of adrenaline – hang on and aim high!
Hone your skills during a full calendar of events which will each feature an aerobatic contest in two difficulty categories - ‘Sportsman’ or ‘Advanced’ (as well as ‘Display’ for flying airliners or jet aircraft for display). Study the aerobatic figures that need to be flown, put in some practice and – when you’re confident enough - fly them in a competition situation.
A Flight Data Recorder will record your flight and will evaluate and rate your skills - you’ll be able to watch your flight to see how accurately you performed and which manoeuvres which need further practice. You’ll also be able to download other competitors’ flights and play them back to see how your opponents are shaping up!
Competition results are ranked throughout a season and every pilot will receive a world ranking. Trophies are reserved for only the best pilots in each category!
During competitions the airfield area will be filled with airshow crowds - people, tents, booths, cars, display aircraft and much more. You can even hear the crowd noise!
A set of Design Tools is included in Airshow Pilot - create your own aerobatic events in the Event Designer;create your own flight programs in the Flight Program Designer and even create your own airport populations in the Population Designer.
- Tutorial Provides a step-by-step explanation of how to get the most from Airshow Pilot
- Skill levels - Each Event is supplied with an aerobatic program in two difficulty levels - 'Sportsman' (fairly short and easy) and 'Advanced' (longer and more difficult
- Practise and compete - Practise your flying in the familiar surroundings of your home airport. You can practise individual figures or the entire flight program. When you are familiar with your flight program, enter the competition at the Airshow airfield
- Events - Every flight program consists of a number of aerobatic figures, such as straight flying, turns, loops, rolls and much more, both in normal and inverted flight. Events can be offline, competing with randomly generated pilots, or online events in which you compete with real opponents
- Each aerobatic figure consists of a visual gate in the sky, displayed with a symbol for the figure you need to fly. When you have finished the figure you indicate your readiness for the next figure and the next aerobatic figure you need to fly will start from there