GO FINER! GO FASTER! GO DC-6!
The DC-6 was one of the last great piston engine passenger and cargo carriers to dominate the skies before turboprop technology changed the airline industry forever. This new collection of DC-6B passenger airliners from the classic aviation experts at Aeroplane Heaven brings together four models in ten different liveries, all resplendent with the depth of detail, exceptional accuracy and outstanding modelling FSX users have come to expect from this award-winning development team.
The DC-6 was originally designed as a military transport but was reworked after World War II to compete with the famous Lockheed Constellation. At the height of its operations around the globe the DC-6B was considered the ultimate piston engine airliner from the standpoint of ruggedness, reliability, economical operation and handling qualities. This new collection of aircraft from Just Flight can likewise be considered the ultimate simulated package in terms of quality, detail, accuracy and FSX features!
Rugged, reliable and economical, the piston engine passenger favourite that conquered the globe. This superb new collection of DC-6B passenger airliners features accurate and detailed virtual cockpits and external animations, ten stunning vintage and contemporary liveries, custom flight dynamics, ground security features and pilots checklists and reference documents, Flight Simulator X users can now climb aboard the airliner that opened up air travel on every continent.
- Includes the Intercontinental four-window model and the five-window Domestic day plane variant, both with and without radar and propeller spinners
- High quality interactive 3D virtual cockpit complete with fuel selection system for each engine and water/methanol injection system
- Superb external texture effects designed to take full advantage of the advanced FSX graphics capabilities
- Matching ground vehicle and boarding steps for each livery, plus fully detailed passenger cabins complete with stewardess
- Accurate animations throughout, from the landing gear and cockpit controls to details such as engine covers and fluttering pre-flight flags
- Accurate flight dynamics and a high fidelity sound set for the raucous and distinctive Pratt & Whitney Double Wasp engines