The year is 2063. Earth has suffered the Great Collapse: a world-wide market meltdown fuelled by human greed and achieved by an artificial intelligence gone rogue.
After the Great Collapse, hope died for most people on Earth. The asteroids were supposed to provide limitless resources, but their promise was stolen by a corrupt monopoly. The powerful enforce a status quo dedicated to protecting their interests, leaving the rest of humanity fighting over scraps. Mars is the last chance for anyone who still believes they can make something of themselves. It's time to stake your claim - time to head Offworld.
Offworld Trading Company is a real-time strategy game from Civilization IV lead designer Soren Johnson in which money, not firepower, is the weapon of choice. Lead your developing companies in cutthroat economic warfare against other companies looking to become the dominant economic power on Mars.
- Rekindle humanity's adventurous spirit by leaving the tired Earth to find new fortunes in the untapped resources of Mars. Manipulate the market, employ corporate espionage, and patent technologies to drive your opponents out of business.
- No military - the real-time, player-driven market is your sword and your shield.
- Thirteen different resources and a market economy make no two paths to victory alike. No one resource is the "key" to Martian dominance; whether it's carbon, fuel or power - supply and demand determine the market.
- Dynamic single-player campaign responds to your actions and choices to determine the fate of the Martian colonisation effort.
- Compete against up to seven other Al - or player-controlled companies; acquire their shares to finally gain control of the entire planet's economy.