Players will be carried into the midst of ancient history's most intense conflicts as they lead mighty armies of more than 5,000 fully 3D, motion captured warriors on stunning 3D battlefields stretching to the horizon. They can play as legendary generals including Julius Caesar and Hannibal, or they can pit their wits against them as they use the art of Total War to conquer their enemies.
- Epic Cinematic Battles - Revolutionary new technology allows for battles between colossal armies of over 10,000 superbly detailed warriors in one battle, all in 3D.
- Command Massive Armies - A dozen playable nations each with unique units including Roman Legions, Greek phalanxes, Barbarian hordes, Egyptian Chariots and Carthaginian War Elephants.
- Build an Empire - Construct vast cities, train mighty armies, outwit your enemies with diplomacy and subterfuge and plan your conquests on the all-new 3d campaign map. Then when armies clash zoom down to the action of the real time battles. Smart advisors and one click automanagement lets every gamer play how they want, from controlling every detail to pure battle action.
- Storm the Walls - Assault huge cities and monumental fortresses with devastating war machines. Walls collapse and men scatter under fire from catapults, battering rams and war elephants smash gates and siege towers and ladders take the fight to the battlements while the defenders rain down death from above with arrows from the walls, towers and boiling oil above the gates.
- Multi-Player - Take the war online against gamers across the world with eight player LAN and internet support, including new playable historical battles.
Microsoft® Windows® 98SE/ME/2000/XP
Pentium® III 1.0GHz (1000MHz) or Athlon 1.0GHz (1000MHz) Processor or Higher
DVD-ROM Drive and Latest Drivers
2.9GB HDD (Plus 500MB for Windows® swap file)
100% DirectX® 9.0c-Compatible 16-bit Sound Card and Latest Drivers
100% Windows® 98SE/ME/2000/XP-Compatible Mouse, Keyboard and Latest Drivers
DirectX® 9.0c (Included)
1024x768 Monitor Resolution
3D Hardware Accelerator Card Required - 100% DirectX® 9.0c Compatible
64MB Hardware Accelerated Video Card and Latest Drivers.
Some 3D accelerator cards with the chipsets may not be compatible with the 3D acceleration features utilised by Rome: Total War. Please refer to your hardware manufacturer for 100% DirectX 9.0c compatibility.
Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP) play supported.
Internet play requires broadband connection and latest drivers.
LAN play requires network interface card and latest drivers.