BATTLE VS. CHESS is based on the simple yet ingenious concept of creating a fusion between professional chess software and upbeat, combat oriented game mechanics, complete with richly animated game pieces. At the outset of a match things seem quite basic: a 3D game board pits two opponents against each other in a seemingly ordinary game of chess.
The game board itself is set in one of six available environments, each with its own unique landscape and presentation features. Traditionally recognized game pieces have been given a facelift as hulking stone golems and beastly chimaeras take the place of the typical rook and knight pieces respectively.
The groundbreaking introduction of vivid 3D conflict animations and optional action integration elements provide a very special breath of fresh air to the classic game of chess. Employing ChessBase's world renowned FRITZ! chess algorithm software, even the most experienced chess experts will be presented with a daunting challenge
- Multiple richly crafted army sets combined with SIX DIFFERENT GAMEBOARD ENVIRONMENTS
- TWO GRIPPING STRATEGY CAMPAIGNS with 30 missions and different mission goals
- INTERACTIVE 3rd PERSON ACTION MODE and Beat'em up fights as well as CHALLENGING PvP DUELS together on one console, over LAN or globally through PSN
- Utilizing the famous FRITZ! CHESS ALGORITHM equipped with 10 distinct levels of difficulty, as well as an extensive opening library
- THE INNOVATIVE FUSION of professional chess software and action oriented fighting simulations result in a strategic action experience unlike anything before!