In this imaginative follow up to the classic Tecmo title ‘Devil’s Deception’, first released in 1996 on the PlayStation, players can get a taste of what it’s like to play on the side of evil. Much like its predecessors, Deception IV Blood Ties is a strategy focused action game revolving around a deceitful main character known as the Devil’s daughter who, assisted by three Daemons, defeats her foes through trickery.
Deception IV follows the story of Laegrinna, an animated fragment of an imprisoned Devil’s soul, as she battles her enemies by mischievously luring them into strategically placed traps. From rolling boulders and spiked walls to spring boards, Iron Maidens, human cannons, falling bathtubs and banana peels, the player can choose from a multitude of dramatic, sadistic, and comical traps in order to finish off an enemy.
Setting traps is not enough though, as they need to be activated in turn. Timing also plays an important role, as an untimely activation could result in Laegrinna falling into her own trap or allow her rivals to catch up her. Depending on the manner an enemy is killed or captured the Devil’s three servants: Veruza, Caelea and Lilia (each representing a different aspect of cruelty: Sadistic Torment, Elaborate Death and Humiliating Demise) reward points and upgraded traps.
Deception IV Blood Ties Features
- Choose between 100 elaborate, sadistic or humiliating traps to create unique killing combinations.
- Over 30 maps across 4 vastly entertaining chapters
- Upload & download trap combo replays: allow players to watch other users’ trap combo replays and share their own.
- Compete against other player’s scores online
- Cross-Save: share and replay data across PS3 and PS Vita.
- Replays can be uploaded directly