The most brutal offroad racing festival returns, with players taking part in the latest off-beat and secret site to join the wild and alternative MotorStorm festival. This time around, the location moves to the unpredictable Alaskan terrain, where players will race through multi-route tracks, harsh terrain, and sub-zero conditions to try and become festival champ. Developed by Bigbig Studios, the team behind the best-selling Pursuit Force series, MotorStorm Artic Edge brings the MotorStorm attitude exclusively to both PSP and PS2 for the first time.
Staying true to the signature MotorStorm style, players will throw traditional offroad driving and caution to the wind where the ultimate goal in the festival is to not only win, but survive. Players will take on a variety of brutal artificial intelligence (AI) racers and negotiate the dangerous arctic conditions, including sudden avalanches, broken ice bridges, and three different racing altitudes.
In addition to the six vehicle classes from the original MotorStorm, new snow-specific vehicle classes as well as all-new track designs are introduced to MotorStorm Arctic Edge. In addition to single player, racers can also engage in online multiplayer or ad-hoc mode on PSP and split-screen on PS2 to truly see who has the greatest skills in the snow and ice.
Motorstorm Arctic Edge Essentials Features:
- Stunning Alaskan Environments – Tracks are modeled after the rugged Alaskan landscape featuring a unique blend of narrow mountain passes, giant ice caves, long ice bridges, and treacherous terrain. Players must battle through each race facing a number of weather conditions including snow, rain, and wind.
- New Vehicles – Two new vehicles are available specifically to tackle the Alaskan terrain including the nimble Snow Cat and more forceful Snow Plow.
- New Tracks – 12 available tracks that show off the unpredictable nature of the rough Alaskan setting. Each of the tracks will be accessible to race in reverse for added race variety.
- Unique New Features: Bobsleigh corners – Vehicles power, slip, and spin through a variety of icy structures with only boost to provide control
- Avalanches – Snow-baked terrain brings the imminent hazard of avalanches, triggered by players sounding their horn.
- Collapsing Ice Bridges – Travel over these in a heavy vehicle and risk the chance of it collapsing behind you.
- Multiplayer Racing Action – Up to eight player online as well as ad hoc racing. Global leaderboards are available to show off the top ranked players in all game modes as well as single player Time Attack.
- Customize Vehicles – Players can personalize each vehicle in the livery by updating with a selection of various parts including wheels, exhaust, spoilers, and sponsorship stickers. Players can also create their own liveries from a set of base patterns and decals.
- Photo Mode – Snap and save the best action photos and send to friends.
- Cutting-Edge Artificial Intelligence – A.I. analyzes the race and surroundings and reacts in the most realistic manner possible. Not only will the competition try to win the race at all costs, but the A.I. will react to situations realistically, such as locating the best routes and changing the level of driving aggression based on player actions.
- Attacking and Offensive Driving – Players must not only try to win the race but survive against the other racers. Combat-like racing takes center stage as the vehicles are the weapons.
- Soundtrack – Players will have the opportunity to add music from a memory stick to create a full list of customized tunes to inspire each race.