With crime lord Charles Jericho now on the loose San Francisco faces a terrible threat. Only one man can stand against him. He has driven the streets of a hundred cities, spent his whole life putting criminals behind bars. But to take Jericho down, there can be no turning back, and he knows that this may very well be his last ride. His name is John Tanner. He is the Driver.
Developed by Ubisoft Reflections, creators of the original title, Driver: San Francisco is the return of the established action driving video game series that has sold 14 million copies worldwide. Gamers play John Tanner, a hardened detective involved in a relentless hunt throughout the City by the Bay. Thanks to a groundbreaking gameplay feature, players can now seamlessly shift between more than a hundred licensed vehicles, keeping them constantly in the heart of the action. With its timeless atmosphere, unique car handling and renewed playability, Driver: San Francisco offers the free-roaming, classic, cinematic car chase experience.
- True car chase movie experience:Rediscover the cinematic action of Driver: licensed muscle cars, loose suspension, long drifts, sharp bends and high-speed pursuits in dense traffic. Drive classic cars in some of the most intense chase sequences ever seen, with each main character offering a different style of mission that allows the player to experience all sides of this explosive crime triangle.
- Maximise the Wii in co-op:With drop in/out co-op throughout allowing both players the ability to shoot using a variety of weapons, the game is designed to incorporate traditional controls alongside interfaces available solely on this platform, additional intuitive functions like melee attacks, shunts and nitro boosts all add to the experience, enhancing the feeling of being part of a truly cinematic car chase.
- DS connectivity:Use 'DS Download Play' to connect your Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS during the main story to provide additional mission support. With a Nintendo DS, support the driver by predicting the path of targets and placing waypoints, finding hidden items or keeping the driver updated with the locations of cops and enemy gang members. You can even directly affect the gameplay by dropping bombs, stunning enemies into spinning out, placing roadblocks to obstruct enemies, and even hacking into police computers to remove felonies during a mission.
- Upgrade abilities:A simple XP system allows both players to choose upgrades over time by completing 30 story missions, 10 larger critical missions and up to 30 optional side missions - plus 58 unique awards linked to in-game activities. Players will be able to get involved in unlimited random chases thanks to a consistent felony system.
- Multiplayer mayhem:Experience frantic and addictive 5 multiplayer game modes where you ram, shunt, boost and beat your friends to the finish line in offline split-screen (up to 4 players).