Mario Party 9 Wii is the latest instalment in the ever-popular Mario Party franchise introduces all-new game modes, battles against bosses and playable characters from the Mushroom Kingdom, making Mario Party 9 a party that everyone will want to be a part of.
Mario Party 9 encourages you to think one step ahead of your opponents to collect the most Mini Stars and defeat Bowser. Bowser and his buddies have stolen all the Mini Stars in the sky and it is up to you to achieve the ultimate goal of winning them all back, in order to become the Super Star.
Party Adventure is a new board game mode which rewrites the Mario Party rule book by allowing four people to move through the board in one vehicle. Players take turns as Captain of the vehicle by hitting Dice Blocks to move the party forward, hoping to land on lucky spaces. The vehicles also help to streamline game play and keep everyone involved in the action. New strategies include find the best routes and positions during your turn, while also pushing your opponents into trickier spots. This game mode challenges you to work with and against your rivals to compete in exciting Minigames to get the stolen Mini Stars back from Bowser and restore the shimmering night sky.
Mario Party 9 includes 80 brand new Minigames, accessible to all Mario fans and which will find players making pizzas, escaping haunted mansions, and even racing snowmobiles. When playing on a board, the type of space the vehicle lands on determines what type of Minigame is played.
Boss Battle is a brand new Minigame where up to four players must put their differences aside and combine their powers to defeat a series of classic Mario boss characters to collect Mini Stars, leading to a final showdown with Mario's ultimate nemesis, Bowser. Don't be fooled into thinking this is a team game though, while you may need to work together to defeat the bosses, you will win Mini Stars depending on your ranking and the amount of damage you have dealt to each boss. Deliver the final blow for a bonus that increases your chances to win.
New Mini game modes also allow you to play Mini games without having to complete a board, ensuring you can always enjoy the action, as and when, you like. You and up to three of your friends and family can hone your skills at any Mini game in Free Play mode, or try the Extras mode that includes Goomba Bowling and the puzzle-based Castle Clearout.
Mario Party 9 features an array of your favourite Mario characters from the Mushroom Kingdom, as well as introducing a few characters which are completely new to the Mario Party series. Choose your favourite and keep the rivalry between you and your friends alive as in Mario Party 9 you don't have to play against the computer in multiplayer - in the board game or the Minigames - and choose to play with up to three of your friends.
With a host of new game options, characters and 80 new Minigames to master, all you have to do now is decide when to host your Mario party!
- For the first time in the Mario Party franchise, each stage culminates in a Boss Battle. Collectively, players must combine their strength to defeat classic foes such as Bowser and King Boo while still playing competitively to boost their own individual scores.
- In another first for the series, players ride across stages together in special vehicles. Players take turns as Captain of the vehicle by hitting Dice Blocks to move the party forward, hoping to land on lucky spaces. The vehicles also help to streamline game play and keep everyone involved in the action.
- Unique Captain Events on each stage give players a new way to change the shape of the game
- In Mario Party 9, each themed stage has a clear destination point but with multiple paths along the way, so no two games will play the same. From Toad Road to Boo's Horror Castle, players will encounter a wide variety of familiar Mario franchise elements in new environments that can be enjoyed solo or with friends
- Includes 80 outrageous new minigames that find players making pizzas, escaping haunted mansions, and racing snowmobiles
- No time to play through an entire stage? New minigame modes let players enjoy the action in smaller chunks of time. They can hone their skills at any minigame in Free Play mode or try the Extras mode that includes Goomba Bowling and the puzzle-based Castle Clearout.
- Every time they play, players can earn Party Points that are used to unlock special items and features