The year is 1938. James Lee Quatermain is a man of many talents, yet holding on to money isn't one of them. Quatermain isn't all too keen on escorting Jennifer Goodwin, a US agent and former colleague of his, to an Egyptian temple complex in order to retrieve an ancient artifact - The Heart of Atlantis. Neither does he believe in the reputed invigorating qualities of this artifact, nor does he care that a division of the Ahnenerbe, the Nazi department specialized in the occult, is after The Heart as well.
But life has its ways of changing one's perspective. Quatermain soon finds himself part of a hunt across the globe - from the stormy deserts of Egypt to the icy depths of the Arctic and all the way to the steaming jungles of Guatemala.
In the long-forgotten temple complex, the thrill of the chase awakens the true adventurer in Quatermain, as he and Agent Goodwin strive to be one step ahead of the Nazis and the Russians, one step closer to obtaining the Heart of Atlantis. And deep in these temples, where age-old guardians awake from their eternal slumber, James soon learns that his great-grandfather's stories are not as crazy as he had always believed. For all things live forever, though at times they sleep and are forgotten.
The game uses Unreal Engine 3 to produce one of the most jaw-dropping spectacles this generation has enjoyed, as players battle natural and not-so-natural enemies. Along the way, fiendish Puzzles, deadly traps and stunning set pieces will make this one of the greatest adventures ever told – let alone played.
- Classic "Action / Adventure" gameplay from a first-person perspective
- Combining the fast paced action of intense gun battles with adventure gameplay
- Traveler equipment includes compass, treasure maps, noteBook and flashlight – necessary to solve ancient puzzles and find treasures
- Use environmental traps to eliminate enemies in many spectacular ways
- Exotic, picturesque locations from around the world – Egypt, Arctic and forgotten Mayan ruins
- 1930’s stylization (weapons, fashion, music, vehicles etc.)