The player is Geralt of Rivia, a professional monster slayer, a witcher. Entangled in the political turmoil that engulfed Temeria, Geralt helped quell the rebellion of the Order of the Flaming Rose. Soon after, he saved King Foltest's life when the monarch was attacked by a witcher-like assassin. He continues to protect the king, serving as his bodyguard as Foltest strives to bring peace to his kingdom. The Order's last bastions have yielded to the royal army, yet one more task remains - the Baroness La Valette announced her secession from the realm, and her fortress must be taken. A month after the attempted assassination, Foltest's armies stand at the gates of La Valette Castle, preparing for a final assault. Still at Foltest's side, Geralt is among them, unable to begin his personal quest to discover the mysterious assassin's origin and identity...
Thanks to the new, ultra-modern REDengine, The Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings features both beautiful graphics and sophisticated in-game mechanics, drawing players into the most lively and believable world ever created in a video game. A completely immersive visual experience, The Witcher 2 on Xbox 360 is arguably the best-looking RPG ever to come to consoles.
Defining new standards for realistic, non-linear game narration, The Witcher 2 spins a mature, thought-provoking tale to produce one of the most complex and unique RPGs ever released on consoles. In addition to its epic story, the game features a complex combat system that uniquely combines dynamic action and tactical depth.
- Unique, deep, consistent and rich game world established in a series of best-selling books by A. Sapkowski and recreated in the game to provide an incredible, believable story-driven experience
- Every decision may lead to dire consequences - your choices impact relations with other characters and entire communities, and may even influence the political situation in the Northern Kingdoms
- An intense, emotionally charged, non-linear story for mature players, offering over 40 hours of gameplay
- The Witcher 2 leads players through different gameplay paths to 16 different endings, making it one of the most non-linear and complex storylines ever brought to the console market.
- The game world teems with life. The most detailed, lively and highly varied locations ever seen on consoles include the mighty
- La Valette Castle, the bustling dwarven mining town of Vergen, multiple border garrisons and fortresses, ancient forests, and the vibrant trading post and river port of Flotsam
- The PC version of the Witcher 2 was praised by both fans and critics, making it one of the best RPGs of 2011. The Witcher community is very active, and the developers engage fans constantly to solicit opinions and insights. Many ideas put forth by fans were included in The Witcher 2 and significantly enhanced the gaming experience.