For Xbox 360 and PS3
The Ear Force DSS 5.1/7.1 channel Dolby surround sound processor transforms any stereo analog headset into full, immersive surround sound for playing XBOX, PS3 or PC games and watching movies with Blu-ray or DVD players. It is the perfect headset or headphone accessory for audiophiles everywhere. It works with any set of standard stereo analog headphones and is the perfect complement to the Turtle Beach Ear Force series of stereo gaming headsets (X31, X11, XLC, Z1, Z2 and PX21). If you're looking around for audio accessories for your headset or headphones, look no further.
The optical digital input easily connects to a game console or media player for Dolby 5.1/7.1 channel surround sound and the analog input can also be used to upgrade analog stereo audio sources to Dolby Pro Logic IIx for virtual surround sound. A bass boost control adds sub-woofer effects for enhanced realism to any audio source.
With the Ear Force DSS, video game and movie fans will be able to hear distinct audio events happening all around them, greatly enhancing the overall experience and rewarding gamers with a newfound competitive edge. DSS users playing games and watching movies on their game consoles will actually hear the 7.1 surround sound from certain 5.1 channel audio tracks via additional “hidden” channels called Dolby EX.
- Stereo headphone output with volume control
- Headphone Amplifier: Stereo 35mW/ch, THD <1%
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- 150MIPS Digital Signal Processor for Dolby processing
- Optical TOSLINK digital audio input compatible with 48kHz digital audio stream
- Maximum analog stereo input with volume control on maximum setting: 2Vpp (700mV rms). Input sensitivity may be adjusted to accept higher level signals by lowering the volume control
- Power requirements: 5VDC @120mA max