The Escapists: The Walking Dead Edition sees you wake up in Harrison Memorial Hospital as Rick Grimes. You’ll escape the horror unfolding there using familiar methods – craft gear to create escape routes and construct weapons to defend yourself from the flesh-eating horde. You’ll also need to learn some new tricks, including the use of ranged weapons for the first time in The Escapists!
Later, Rick will take charge of a band of survivors featuring many of the original The Walking Dead comic book cast. He must secure the safety of the group by seeking out an escape route in each of the game’s areas and manage several dangerous tasks to keep as many of the group alive as possible.
The Escapists: The Walking Dead Edition faithfully matches the timeline of the comics and so, as you make progress in the game, you play through locations that mirror the progress of the band of survivors taken from the award winning comic’s epic story.
- Characters from The Walking Dead Comics: As Rick Grimes, nurture and care for your band of survivors in a bid to both keep up morale and to lead them to safety. Each survivor comes with their bespoke dialogue faithfully taken from the comic series.
- The Walking Dead Themed Items and Weaponry: Take control of the perilous situations using Rick’s trusty handgun right through to Michonne’s faithful Katana in a bid to tackle the threat of the undead.
- Melee & Gun Combat: As well as getting up close and personal with the undead, players can tackle zombies with many gun types as well as arming your survivors with weaponry to assist you in your mission.
- Authentic Survivor Gameplay: Ensure to look after your band of survivors and in turn they will go with you into dangerous situations because they believe in you and firmly place their trust in Rick Grimes.
- Danger Lurks Around Every Corner: Spanning across 5 game maps which are re-imagined from the comic series the player will be tasked with seeking out the safe zones and ensuring as many survivors as possible make it out alive with you.
- Terrifying Audio: As well as the persistently pained groans and moans of the undead, each map will come with its own audio track, seamlessly suited to the game environment, including ambient spot effects to drive home the horror!
- Menu System Overhaul: Themed to the game, featuring the logos and characters found in The Walking Dead comics with the art style of The Escapists.